FLONASE® Allergy Relief Dosing and Administration
FLONASE®: Effective 24-hour Allergy Symptom Relief1,2
What your patients can expect
Onset of symptom relief occurs as early as 12 hours2
- Relief is generally observed within 24 hours in most patients with SAR, although maximum benefit may take several days2
- Patients should be informed that the full effect of FLONASE® Allergy Relief therapy is not achieved until 2 to 3 days of treatment have been completed. Treatment of seasonal rhinitis should, if possible, start before the exposure to allergens2
Adults 18 years of age or older2
- Week 1 – use 2 sprays in each nostril once daily, preferably in the morning.
- Week 2 through 3 months – use 1 spray in each nostril once daily, if your symptoms are under control.
- After 3 months of daily use – ask your doctor if you can keep using
If you have any difficulties or you are unsure about how or when to take Flonase® Allergy Relief, check with your doctor or pharmacist.
Overdose: If you think you have taken too much Flonase® Allergy Relief, contact your healthcare professional, hospital emergency department or regional Poison Control Centre immediately, even if there are no symptoms.
Missed Dose: If you miss a dose, do not worry; just use your regular dose the next day. Don’t add an extra dose.
How to Use FLONASE® Allergy Relief
For best results with FLONASE® Allergy Relief, it’s important to get a full dose. Have your patients follow these easy steps.
Gently shake spray bottle. Squeeze ribs of green cap and remove.
Do this when:
- Starting new bottle
- Haven’t used it in a week
- Just cleaned nozzle
Otherwise go to step 3
Aim away from face. Grasp spray bottle as shown. Pump until fine mist appears.
Won’t I waste product by priming?
It’s not a waste to prime the pump, because it helps you get a full dose. Getting a full dose is important for getting the relief you deserve. Don’t worry about running out due to priming. There is enough medicine in the spray bottle to allow for priming sprays plus the number of sprays labeled on the bottle. Always point the spray bottle away from your face when priming.
3. Blow Nose2
Blow nose gently to clear the nostrils.
Close one nostril and put tip of spray nozzle in other nostril. Put just the tip into your nose. Aim slightly away from centre of nose.
WARNING: Do not spray into the eyes or mouth. FLONASE® is only for nasal use.
5. Breathe and spray2
While sniffing gently, press down on spray nozzle once or twice (according to dosing instructions). You’ll feel a light mist in your nose. Breathe out through your mouth. Repeat in other nostril. Wipe spray nozzle with clean tissue and replace cap.
What if I feel stinging in my nose, or I sneeze?
Some people may feel a slight stinging, or may sneeze after spraying Flonase® Allergy Relief in their nostrils. This feeling should go away in a few seconds.
Usual dose: Flonase® Allergy Relief works best when you use it daily.
Onset of action
The onset of action is not immediate, and 2 to 3 days of treatment may be required before maximum relief is obtained. Advise your patients that FLONASE® Allergy Relief works best when used daily.2