What are some common allergens?
What are some of the common allergens your patients are exposed to?
Some typical allergens are1,2:
- Tree, grass, and weed pollen
- Dust mites
- Pet dander
Allergen exposure can also derive from2:
- Backyard leaf piles
Allergen avoidance is the first line of defence against allergic rhinitis (AR) 3
In addition to oral antihistamines and intranasal corticosteroids, first-line treatment for allergies should also involve the avoidance of triggers that may cause an allergic reaction.3
Avoidance strategies include3:
- Use of allergen-impermeable covers for bedding
- Keeping relative humidity in the home below 50% to inhibit mite growth
- Reducing pollen exposure by keeping windows closed, using air conditioning, and limiting the amount of time spent outside during peak pollen season
- Minimize exposure to, or ownership of pets
Unfortunately, while avoidance is ideal, it is not always realistic.
Read more about allergic rhinitis
Impact of Allergic Rhinitis on Patient Quality of Life
Find out about the impact allergic rhinitis has on patients’ daily lives
FLONASE® Allergy Relief
Discover how FLONASE® Allergy Relief can help reduce symptoms in your patients diagnosed with allergic rhinitis