Dry mouth: Overview
Dry Mouth (Xerostomia)
Dry Mouth, or xerostomia is a condition that can cause your mouth to feel uncomfortably dry. It can occur when your body doesn’t produce enough saliva to keep your mouth moist.
Saliva does more than just keep your mouth moist. It can play an important role in your overall oral health and well-being:1-3
- Moisturizes and lubricates the mouth and prevents dehydration2
- Aids digestion and taste2
- Assists in speech and swallowing2
- Maintains oral pH balance and tooth integrity2
- Has antimicrobial properties2
- Helps protect oral tissues2
Read more about Dry Mouth
Impact on patient quality of life
Find out about the impact that dry mouth has on patients’ daily lives.