Retainer & Mouth Guard Cleaning: Polident Pro Retainer & Guard Cleanser
Polident Pro Retainer & Guard: clean, freshen and protect retainers and mouth guards
Polident Pro Retainer & Guard meets the specific needs of patients with retainers and mouth guards and is formulated to clean without scratching††
- Effectively kills 99.9% of germs including bacteria & viruses *1-3
- Helps keep retainer, aligner or mouth guard transparent4,5
- Lifts stains, removes discolouration6,7
- Quick cleaning formula cleans in 3-5 minutes which can aid compliance8,9
- Helps reduce bacterial build up**1
- Kills 10x more germs than regular toothpaste†10
†in laboratory testing, soaking only
*in laboratory tests, when used as directed
**with regular use
††in laboratory tests, compared to brushing with regular toothpaste
Tested and proven to be compatible with over 20 different mouth guard and retainer materials.
Polident Pro Retainer & Guard is our first cleanser tested and proven to be compatible with over 20 different mouth guard and retainer materials including:4,5
- Clear Retainers
- Wire Retainers
- Night Guards
- Mouth Guards
Polident Pro Retainer & Guard was shown to be as gentle as soaking in water. Cleaning with Polident Pro Retainer & Guard resulted in little or no surface changes compared to cleaning by brushing with toothpaste and regular toothbrush*.
*in laboratory tests
A gentle and non-abrasive cleanser
Polident Pro Retainer & Guard offers an effective clean which is as gentle as water.
An independent in vitro study was completed to evaluate material integrity and test surface integrity of different cleaning regimes including soaking with Polident Pro Retainer & Guard and brushing with regular toothpaste.4,5
Photographic analysis, light microscopy and scanning electron microscopy highlighted visible surface damage when material was brushed with toothpaste.4,5
Polident Pro Retainer & Guard was proven to be as gentle as soaking in water and resulted in little or no surface changes compared to brushing with toothpaste.4,5
Polident Pro Retainer & Guard has been extensively tested to ensure aligners, retainers and guards are not compromised so you can recommend to your patients with confidence.
Polident Pro Retainer & Guard meets the specific needs of patients with retainers & mouth guards.
Polident Pro Retainer & Guard is tested to ensure common retainers and mouthguards are not compromised so you can recommend it with confidence.
Sodium Bicarbonate, Citric Acid, Potassium Caroate (Potassium Monopersulfate), Sodium Carbonate, Sodium Carbonate Peroxide, TAED, Sodium Benzoate, PEG-180, Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, VP/VA Copolymer, Aroma, Subtilisin, Cellulose Gum, Sodium Nitrite, CI 42090, CI73015
- Drop one Polident Pro Retainer & Guard tablet into enough warm (not hot) water to cover your appliance.
- After soaking for 3-5 minutes, for best results, gently brush your appliance with the solution using a soft brush.
- Discard remaining solution immediately after use. Rinse appliance thoroughly with running water.
Recommend daily use to disrupt biofilm build up and maintain a clean, fresh appliance
Warnings and precautions
- Keep out of REACH of those at risk of accidently swallowing the tablets or solution.
- Do not place tablets or solution in mouth.
- Do not drink cleansing solution or use it as a mouthwash.
- Rinse well.
- Do not use if you are sensitive to any of the ingrdients.
- May produce an allergic reaction. If irritation occurs, discontinue use and get medical advice/attention.
- Harmful if swallowed. IF SWALLOWED: Call a Poison Control Centre or doctor / physician.
- Do not touch mouth or eyes after handling tablets or solution.
- Wash hands thoroughly after handling tablet or solution.
- Causes serious eye irritation. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention.
- Keep out of REACH of children.
- Dispose of contents to household waste. Contains PEPPERMINT OIL, SUBTILISIN.
Find out more about helping your patients with removable appliances
Find out more about the science behind Polident Cleansers for removable appliances