The Science Behind Bi-layer Technology

The bi-layer technology uses two formulations – an immediate release layer on the outside of the caplet that releases 31% of paracetamol rapidly2 and a second underlying layer that delivers the remaining 69% of paracetamol2 for up to 8 hours of pain relief.1

Bi-layer technology

Basics of bi-layer technology

The caplet contains two layers. The top most layer releases paracetamol rapidly whilst the second layer more slowly.1

In one study, 80% of patients found Panadol Extend (with bi-layer technology) to be as effective as celecoxib.3

Discover the Panadol range with bi-layer technology

Panadol Extend pack shot

Panadol Extend with bi-layer technology

With a technology that allows for fast and yet sustained release of paracetamol for extended pain relief of up to 8 hours.1,2

Learn more

Painful knee joint

Joint pain

Joint pains can restrict mobility and impact your patient’s quality of life. Find out more about this condition.

Learn more

A man thinking about his joint pain

Be a pain changer

Discover what your patients need to know about helping relieve joint pains.

Learn more

Patient consulting with a pharmacist

Osteoarthritis care guide

Specially tailored for pharmacists, this tool helps you manage your patient’s osteoarthritic pain needs efficiently.

Get it now