Simple and hygienic way to relieve the nasal congestion in infants.
A range of products for professional recommendation.
Recommend Otri-Baby as a simple and hygienic method to relieve the nasal congestion in infants.
Otri-Baby is a simple and hygienic way to relieve the nasal congestion in infants
Recommend the Otri-Baby to help relieve nasal congestion in infants
Simple and hygienic way to relieve nasal congestion in infants
Otri-Baby saline solution
Isotonic saline solution in disposable pipettes
Otrivin Range Product Information
Why is it important to perform a thorough nasal wash?
Infants, children and adults often have difficulty breathing due to an accumulation of mucus, crusts and dryness of the nasal mucosa. An abundant mucus production is particularly frequent in babies and is a symptom of nasal congestion or a runny nose. In these situations, the baby who is not yet able to remove nasal secretion by nose blowing, has difficulty breathing, feeding and sleeping and then is irritable and agitated.
Cleaning the nose with saline solutions can help prevent and relieve nasal congestion and in some cases may help avoid complications such as sinusitis or otitis. Especially during early childhood, this cleaning may be used together with aspiration of mucus.
What is Otri-Baby saline solution monodose and what is it used for?
Otri-Baby saline solution monodose is a sterile and preservative-free isotonic saline solution. The salt concentration is optimised to prevent any nasal irritation. The solution contains castor oil (macrogol glycerol hydroxystearate) which is known to have moisturizing and emollient properties.
Otri-Baby saline solution monodose is recommended to:
- Gently cleanse the nasal cavities when the nose is blocked, e.g. during a cold or in allergic conditions, by washing away the excess mucus or the allergen particles such as dust or pollen;
- Moisturize the nasal mucosa when dry or irritated in case of minor nasal irritations or due to low humidity (e.g. due to heated/air-conditioned rooms, high altitude, air travelling);
- Thin and loosen nasal secretions and help their removal.
- Otri-Baby saline solution monodose is particularly suitable for daily nasal cleansing of babies who are not yet able to blow their nose:
- The daily cleansing loosens the nasal mucus and helps to remove excess of nasal secretions which may alter babies’ life (bad sleep, difficulty to eat). It helps them to breathe and feel better again.
- In case of mucus excess when used to clean infant or baby’s nostrils, a nasal aspirator such as Otri-Baby aspirator may be used just after instilling the solution. The concomitant use of Otri-Baby nasal aspirator with the saline solution makes it easier to remove the mucus from the nose and thereby helps to reduce the risk of further complications such as otitis media and rhinosinusitis. It also greatly improves the quality of babies’ sleep during an episode of common cold
Before using Otri-Baby saline solution monodose:
Caution, before use read carefully the instructions for use enclosed in the package. Do not use a broken or damaged product.
Due to its cleansing properties, Otri-Baby saline solution monodose should be used first when using another local nasal product (e.g. for cold or allergic rhinitis).
Under normal conditions of use, as indicated Otri-Baby saline solution monodose is very well tolerated.
Otri-Baby saline solution monodose may be used during pregnancy and breast-feeding, ask your doctor or pharmacist before using it.
How to use Otri-Baby saline solution monodose?
The usual frequency of use is 2 to 4 times a day per nostril.
Suitable for infants, children and adults. However, you should seek medical advice before using it on an infant less than 2 weeks old.
For children below 11 years, Otri-Baby saline solution should be used under adult supervision.
In elderly or disabled people, the use of the device may require help from an adult.
For hygienic reasons and to avoid contamination, the vial is for single use and should only be used by one person. Do not reuse an opened vial. Used vials must be discarded.
Before opening the vial, wash your hands carefully.
- Blow the nose if necessary.
- Break off a single-dose vial and open it by twisting the top off.
- Bend the head backward and place the tip of the vial just inside the nostril.
- Press carefully on the vial to obtain a few drops and harder if a more thorough cleansing is needed. Repeat in the other nostril.
- Wait a few seconds and then blow the nose if necessary.
- When used to clean the nostrils of an infant or baby who is not able to blow its nose, a nasal aspirator such as Otri-Baby aspirator should be used to remove mucus.
- Discard used vials and wash your hands.